Tuesday 8 July 2008

A Mother's Love

When I find myself in times of trouble, my mother Mary comforts me; speaking words of wisdom, such as:

"Don't rise to it. Turn a blind eye" - Her sound advice to a bullied colleague who, incidently, has a glass eye.

"Ooh she's gorgeous. I bet that's what Jesus' mother looked like." - Her reaction to he entrance of new girl Maysoon in BB and possibly one of the strangest complements I've ever heard.

"Morrocco would be nice. Ooh you could try and find Madeline McCann while you're there. Then you'd get a job." - Her support for my holiday plans was marginally dimished after comparing the likelihood of me finding a job to that of finding Madeline McCann.

Let it be, Mare. Let it be.

1 comment:

Chris Ratcliffe said...

Your mum sounds ace. Mine usually just tells me things like:

"Well if you want to go and desicrate the body I created then go ahead" - after me getting an eyebrow piercing.

Chris x

P.S. add my blog to your page please: http://chrisratcliffe.blogspot.com/